image Hafal

Using this site: Where to go for help

There are a number of points of contact available for help and advice in Wales. In the first instance it may be advisable to contact your GP or Social Worker, or your local hospital. You can get details of local NHS services via

The Samaritans can be contacted on telephone number 08457 909090 and at

The Wales Rural Stress Helpline is open on 0800 0858 119.

Hafal have Family Support Workers and Advocacy Officers and a "Dolen" Network contact in each of the 22 local authority areas in Wales. Please e-mail Hafal to get your local contact details at

See also the "Who's Who" section in the contents bar of this site.

C.A.L.L. (Community Advice & Listening Line) offers emotional support and information/literature on mental health and related matters to the people of Wales, and can be contacted on 0800 132 737 or through the website

Contact NHS Direct for help and advice on 0845 4647 or visit the website at


10 Apr 2014
Hafal Service Users tell Health Minister of their experiences at Report launch...Read more...

03 Apr 2014
*AMs show commitment to ring-fencing of mental health funding*...

11 Mar 2014
Hafal CEO Talks on BBC Wales Today about Young People's Mental Health Services...Read more...

11 Mar 2014
Announcing two user and carer-led mental health initiatives for 2014 ...Read more...


About Mental Health Wales | Where to go for help | About Us | Contact Us |
© Mental Health Wales