The new chairs appointed to lead the seven new Local Health Boards were announced this week.
The new Boards – which will undertake the functions of the current 22 Local Health Boards and seven NHS Trusts – will be set up in shadow form from 1 June and become fully operational from 1 October.
The appointments will commence when the LHBs are formally established which, subject to consultation and the making of legal orders and regulations, is likely to be 1 June 2009. Each appointment will be considered as Chair Designate until such time as the LHBs are formally established.
All appointments were made through open competition and are as follows:
• Mr Win Griffiths – Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University LHB;
• Mr David Jenkins – Aneurin Bevan LHB;
• Mr Michael Williams – Betsi Cadwaladr University LHB
• Mr David Francis – Cardiff & Vale University LHB;
• Dr Christopher Jones – Cwm Taf LHB;
• Mr Chris Martin – Hywel Dda LHB; and,
• Mr Chris Mann – Powys Teaching LHB.