Plans have been announced for a free mental health exhibition which will seek solutions to “overcoming the social, financial and systemic barriers that prevent people moving on with their lives and achieving recovery”.
“Mental Health Today” is a free event which organisers say will attract approximately 800 visitors and comprise of 25 exhibitors, a series of interactive zones and a wide-ranging seminar programme.
The exhibition, which will take place at the Holland House Hotel in Cardiff on September 22nd, is for the entire mental health sector – professionals and people who use services – from across the statutory and independent sectors.
Organisers say the exhibition is “a very relevant event if you wish to gain an understanding of mental health and are working in the areas of dual diagnosis, youth offending and substance misuse.”
Zones at the event will include:
• Community Zone – information about community-based mental health projects from across Wales.
• Green Zone – a showcase for innovation in environmental and horticultural projects aimed at improving mental health and well-being
• Healthy Living Zone – information about improving mental wellbeing and physical health including projects on sports, healthy eating and men’s mental health.
• Carers’ Zone – advice on support for carers working in mental health services in Wales.
• Arts Zone – arts and mental health projects and partnerships from across Wales.
The event requires registration in advance. For more information please visit: http://www.pavpub.com/pavpub/Microsites/MHTSeptember2009/