Mental Health Research Network Cymru (MHRNC) is inviting entries for its 2013 art competition. The theme of this year’s competition is ‘Hope’.
The top 12 entries will be displayed at the MHRNC’s annual conference which takes place next March. The top three entrants will receive prizes at the end of the conference. The closing date for submissions is 7 February 2013.
Format information is as follows:
· Only original unframed pieces of artwork accepted.
· All pieces of art work must be 2D.
· Art work can be in any medium: painting, drawing, collages, photography etc.
· Artwork can be colour or black and white.
· Work completed in landscape format may be no larger than A3.
· Work completed in portrait format may be no larger than A2.
As well as bearing the competition’s theme of ‘Hope’ in mind when submitting work, competitors may also wish to refer to the conference theme which is “mental health and wellbeing in troubled times…”with reference to the current economic recession and challenges faced by social enterprises.
Last year’s conference was won by Hafal service user Nerys Price.
Participants can download the competition guidelines, application forms, and terms and conditions of the competition @ http://www.mhrnc.org/events.htm
For further information please contact: Ruth Coombs on 029 2034 6575/ firstname.lastname@example.org or Serge Engamba on 01792 606464/S.AmbaaEngamba@swansea.ac.uk